Low on energy? Tired? Can’t find the inspiration to move? We’ve all been there. For those times when you just want to move your body and get energized – whether it’s first thing in the morning or during that afternoon slump, you’ve come to the right place.
This week’s featured classes will wake up the body and energize you for your day or night.
- Warrior Energy with Kia Miller: Build health and vitality with this class based on the practice of Uddiyana Bandha. Practice a simple sequence of postures that cultivate and direct prana and allow one to access a deeper meditative state. Class includes Nadhi Shodhana (alternate nostril breath) and meditation. This makes a GREAT 40 day practice. Optional Prop: Blanket
- Build Energy with Breath with Tiffany Cruikshank: An energizing flow infused with pranayama to feed you to your core. This is a simple vinyasa class designed with a focus on building energy with the breath. Enjoy!
- Backbends for Energy with Dice Iida-Klein: A shortened backbend practice that is sure to leave you bright and full of energy! If you only have a limited amount of time, but want to get deep into the upper back, this is the practice for you my fellow yogis. Enjoy!
- Energizing Flow with Stephanie Snyder: This energizing sequence will ease you off of the couch and inspire an internal environment that will support you as you go into the world to do your good work. We move through energizing breath work, gentle suns, a short and simple but activating standing pose series, shoulder and heart openers, headstand, seated poses and a laying down twist. This sequence should leave you feeling clear and as if you just hit the restart button.
- Get Energized! Steven Espinosa: This energetic class is a perfect way to start your day or to take on your lunch break! Beginning with a brief Meditation then moving into a steady opening warm up including several Sun Salutations to build heat and strength. Followed by a series of Standing Poses to create stamina and endurance. This class also features Arm Balances and Hip and Thigh Stretches.
- Midday Energizing Flow with Jo Tastula: This is a quick mid-day energizing flow! Dancing warrior and temple flow work the legs and plank dolphin sequence works the arms and core. Quicky bridge pose to finish.
- Good Morning Energizing Flow with Amy Ippoliti: Begin your day with this energizing sequence designed to awaken the body and give you a positive outlook on the day ahead. Gentle stretches, easy half sun salutes, culminating with a hip opening restorative pose. Good morning to you! 🙂 Props Needed: A Chair and Blanket. Props Suggested: 2 Blocks.
- Reverse Energizing Flow with Jason Crandell: You’re interested in an “energizing” sequence because you’re tired, right? And, when you’re tired you want to rest — but if you rest too long you feel lousy. Right? Think about this class as a class in reverse. You will give in to your fatigue and start in savasana. Then, you’ll coax yourself into some reclined twists, slow lunges, and even some standing poses. To complete the practice you will do several rounds of sun-salutations and finish in a brief standing meditation. It’ll open your eyes and get you moving.
- Short Burst of Energy with Marla Apt: Energize and get moving with this short sequence that will move blood to your head and throughout. This can be a stand alone energizing sequence or can serve as a the catalyst to get you ready to do more yoga. This is a perfect practice to do in the middle of the day when you feel like you’re dragging. In this sequence Adho Mukha Svanasana (Down Dog), Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand), and Pinca Mayurasana (elbow balance) gets you upside down. Props: Strap, block and wall space.
- Heat-Inducing Flow for Energy with Kathryn Budig: Creative non-stop flow takes you through a journey of heat induced sequences. Fast Sun Salutation As are followed by fun entrances and exits often balancing on one leg. Just enough time for a cool down will keep you energized and ready to go.