Looking to hit the waves with as much endurance, focus and strength as possible? Preparing your mind and body by doing yoga pre and post surf might be the answer. Several studies show how yoga improves focus, strength, flexibility, breath and balance, so you can be the best you can be, on the waves and off.
This week’s featured classes will help increase strength, balance and mental focus so you can catch more waves and ride them with more power and grace!
- Balance Muscles Post-Surf with Tara Judelle: A short sequence, for post surfing to open up the upperback, shoulders, neck, psoas and hamstring to balance muscles for fluidity and strength.
- Post-Surf Recovery with Tiffany Cruikshank: A 30 minute post-surf recovery class targeting the hips, spine & shoulders to release tension.
- Short Sequence for Surfers with Tara Judelle: A short sequence for surfers to open up the shoulders, upperback, hamstrings and hip flexors before riding the waves!
- Pre/Post Surf Session with Jason Crandell: Focused on opening the shoulders, neck and upper-back, this practice is ideal for pre and post surfing sessions. This mellow, yet deep practice is also designed to wring out tension in your lower-back with accessible forward bends and twists. If you know that paddling for hours leaves your lower-back and upper-body worked, this practice is for you.
- Swim/Surf Flow with Tiffany Cruikshank: A quick well-rounded flow for swimmers or surfers looking at the entire shoulder girdle as well as the hip flexors & rotators. A great post swim/surf flow or can be used on it’s own.
- Pre-Surf Stretch with Tiffany Cruikshank: A quick pre-surf active stretch class to get the blood flowing and prepare the body to hit the waves.