The family is gone, the presents have been opened, the parties are over and the stress is finally starting to subside. A new year has begun, bringing with it a new wave of resolutions, intentions and transitions. Wondering how you can stick to your resolutions, honor your intensions and help make transitions a lot smoother? Yoga can help! This week’s featured classes will help you transition into 2015 with grace, ease, strength & stamina.
- Start the New Year with Clarity with Sianna Sherman: Start the New Year with the clarity of a new you. Magnetize your vision and intention with the Tantric practices of mantra, mudra, asana, pranayama and meditation. Be the soulful artist of your life and celebrate the authenticity that is you. Props Needed: Two blocks and a strap.
- Set the Tone for the New Year with Jason Crandell: This all-around, whole-body practice will set the tone for the New Year. While encouraging you to be mindful of your intentions for the new year, move through hip-openers, salutations, standing poses, inversions, backbends and arm-balances. Connect to the deepest reasons you practice yoga. Props Suggested: Wall space.
- Invoking Kali with Sally Kempton: Invoke the Kali fire of transformation to release old karmic habits, then create intentions for the New Year and energize them with the blessing energy of the Goddess Lakshmi. Through this guided meditation, get clear on the karmic habits or beliefs that you are letting go of and the positive intentions that you’d like to bring in for the New Year.
- Transition into the New Year Gracefully with Steven Espinosa: Transitions – making a graceful transition into the New Year through a steady but strong asana practice, incorporating graceful transitions between poses with fluid breath and body movement. Standing postures include Crescent, Triangle, Warrior Two and Extended Side Angle. Hip opener with Pidgeon and thigh stretch. Finishes with Backbend in Urdhva Danurasana (Upward Facing Bow)
- Refine Your Yoga Practice in the New Year with Dice Iida-Klein: The New Year always brings new resolutions, but most likely your “new” resolutions are goals or ideas REFINED from the year before. This class is geared towards REFINING and retouching the practice, getting back to the breath and refining the asanas via the breath and slow movements. My goal for this class was to do a slower “Dice” class…hopefully I succeeded. Either way, a yogi is always refining his or her practice and I’m always refining my sharing abilities with my fellow yogis. Class includes modified Surya A, dancing warrior, handstands, lizard poses, pigeon prep (single pigeon), half-lotus in standing forward fold (ardha padma uttanasana) and hollowback handstands and forearm balance for backbends. Happy New Year yogis!!!
- Opportunity & New Beginnings with Kia Miller: Begin anew with this class designed to draw prana to the heart center. As we build a heart centered consciousness we can approach true prosperity and abundance. The more we open ourselves the more we can attract. Class includes simple asana practice, kriyas and 2 minutes of Ong So Hung and 11 minutes of the chant Hari Hari Hari Har. Prop Suggested: A blanket.