Whether it’s physical or emotional, most of us have experienced some kind of pain at one point in our lives. We are all different, so we all experience pain differently and cope with that pain in different ways. Some hide and suppress it, avoiding the healing process that we all need to go through in order to move on, while others decide that they no longer want their pain controlling their lives so they confront it. If you are having trouble healing or don’t know how to heal, practicing yoga is great way to being the healing process.
This week’s featured classes will help you heal – mind, body and spirit.
- Yoga Nidra for Healing & Inspiration with Rod Stryker: Deep rest is key to healing and rejuvenation as well as improved focus. Enjoy this twenty minute Yoga Nidra session, the ancient yogic science of relaxation, and experience how twenty minutes of guided, systematic, relaxation practice can replenish and renew you. Use it to start your day, rest in the middle of it, or just before falling asleep and unlock your innate capacity for healing, inspiration, and peace. Props Suggested: Blanket to lay on or cover up with. Blanket or pillow for head, Bolster under the knees.
- Let the Healing Begin with Elena Brower: A fairly simple twist practice, not too much instruction and lots of quiet space in which you may create and revel in the interior space. With one little arm balance surprise…In this general Hatha class, Elena experiments with breathing techniques and exercises from other disciplines.
- Heart Healing Engergies with Sianna Sherman: Earth and Sky energies unite in the breath of the heart where the light of our body temple emanates tremendous healing energy for ourselves and all beings. This sequence is a progression of symmetrical and asymmetrical backbends leading up to variations of kapotasana, a deep backbend with full expansion of the heart like the puffed chest of a pigeon. Props: a block.
- Healing Mantra Meditation to Clear Chakras and Find Calm with Kia Miller: This simple and beautiful healing mantra meditation with live music is a great way to clear all your chakras and bring yourself to a peaceful, calm place. The mantra used is Guru Guru Wahe Guru, Guru Ram Das Guru – The first part of the mantra projects the mind to the source of knowledge and ecstasy. The second part expresses the wisdom that comes as a servant of the infinite. Music with Jaya Lakshmi and Ananda. Prop suggested: A Blanket for sitting.
- Healing Flow with Mantra with Jo Tastula: The use of mantra has a purifying effect on the mind and combined with asana becomes a very potent practice. In this class we use the breathing mantra So Hum and the Tibetan mantra of compassion Om Mani Padme Hum, as a vehicle for quieting the mind and accessing an authentic place of peace. Lots of seated meditation and slow paced flow. Be warned, there are very few vinyasas! Prop Suggested: A blanket.
- Access Inner Healing & Loving with Sally Kempton: A meditation in which we access powerful transformative awareness to promote healing and loving attention from within.
- Heal a Painful Memory with David Harshada Wagner: This is a powerful healing visualization where the practitioner is guided back to a memory that causes them pain. They use breath and awareness to soothe and ease the intensity of the painful memory. Prop Needed: Something to write on.
- Healing Practice for Sore Muscles with Stephanie Snyder: This is a gentle flow designed for the days when you feel sore or just worked. We explore being in the pose without hitting our max. This allows for release of tension. We begin slowly and build in order to give the body plenty of time to heal itself.