“We have within us riches greater than we can ever accumulate on earth. Once we learn to tap into our inner resources we can experience a profound transformation that can enrich all areas of our life – personal relations, physical, mental, and emotional health, professional work, spiritual growth, and the attainment of our life’s goals.” – Rajinder Singh
Wondering what your life’s purpose is? On a quest to find the true power and potential of your soul? It’s a complex journey, but yoga can help you on your path.This week’s featured classes will help dissolve mental and physical limitations allowing us to connect to the limitless potential of the soul.
- Asanas as Food for the Soul with Giselle Mari: Yoga practices provide us with tools to tap into our souls to experience our very essence, which is bliss. This accessible class provides a well balanced series of asanas that are food for the soul which have the potential to nourish and fill you up. Props Needed: A blanket, a block and a strap.
- Heart and Soul with Kia Miller: This kriya focuses on the Soul Body, the 1st of the 10 bodies outlined by the Kundalini Yoga tradition. This practice brings our consciousness to our heart and to a place of inner stillness where the voice of our Soul is most easily heard. Do this kriya when you need to connect to your innermost self. This set includes breath-work and meditation.
- Contemplative Soul Flow with Sianna Sherman: Soma Drinkers – Forward Folds – “Soma” is the Sanskrit name for moonlight. It is the healing elixir of our awareness bathed in the light of the heart. This class is a gentle turning in, a sweet contemplative flow to soothe one’s soul.
- Know Your Soul Meditation with David Harshada Wagner: Know your Soul. This meditation guides the viewer through a classical meditation on the Atman, or essential human spirit.
- Awakening the Force of Spirit with Rod Stryker: Activation of the subtle force of fire leads to extraordinary perception, wholeness and capacity. Using a combination of asana, breath, bandha and introductory mudras, practice will focus on generating the unique energy that dissolves mental and physical limitations and allows us to touch soul and thus access limitless potential. Prop Suggested: A block and a blanket.
- The Interior Architecture of Savasana with Tias Little: This class is a map of the interior body in Savasana. Through guided imagery and anatomical detail, we first set the posture. Then Tias leads students through the inner labyrinth of the pose in order to to prepare for yoga nidra, the Great Yogic Sleep. Through small internal detail, learn to rest from your ears to your innermost brain, and from your skin to your soul. Suggested Props: Bolster, 3-4 blankets