Feeling frazzled or unsettled lately? Not to worry. Yoga to the rescue! When we calm our breath, we calm our mind, our bodies central nervous system settles, allowing us to be more at peace within our own heart.
This week’s featured classes will help settle a stressed out mind and will bring more peace and calm to our lives.
- Peace and Calm with Tara Judelle: Using the kidneys as the guideposts to the parasympathetic nervous system, this class focuses on slow standing postures and forward folds to reset the mindspace.
- Start Your Day with Connection & Peace with Kia Miller: This all-round balancing practice is a perfect way to start any day. It touches every part of your body encouraging a sense of connection and peace. Perfect for all levels.
- Calm Breath, Calm Mind with Steven Espinosa: When we calm our breath, we calm our mind, our bodies central nervous system settles, allowing us to be at more peace within our own heart. Strong Level 1 class with steady opening warm up including Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar). Followed by Standing Pose flow with emphasis on fluid breath with body movement to focus the mind. Also includes brief Tutorial on proper shoulder/upper back alignment in Cobra (Bhujangasana). Continues with several poses linked together with spinal twists, hips and thigh openers. Ends with Back Bend in Bow Pose (Danurasana), Reclining Hamstring Stretch (Supta Pandangustasana) and Savasana.
- Tap Into the Natural Current of Meditation with Sally Kempton: Once you can tap into the natural current of meditation that exists within you, you begin to move easily into a state of inner peace. Here, we look at the secret of meditation as a natural state, learning how to tune into the meditation current through posture, breath instruction, and the key mantra, ‘I am’.
- Cultivate Calm with Moon Salutations with Kathryn Budig: We’re all familiar with Sun Salutations, but what if we flip the coin and focus on the Moon? These Moon Salutations still build heat, but in a fluid, slow-moving and supportive way. Great when you want to calm your body and move at the same time.
- Calm Your Nervous System with Darren Rhodes: Turn inward via forward folds and twists to calm your nervous system. This practice pinnacles in yogi dandasana (foot to armpit). In this class you may need a strap, block, and/or blankets.