We’re all about nourishing our mind, body and spirit and one of the best ways we can honor our temple is to eat mindfully. We can’t get enough of these amazing cookbooks with recipes for healthy living and eating! There are lots to choose from out there, so to narrow down the great selection, browse through our list of the 5 must-haves.
- Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance! Yoga teacher and inspirational speaker Kathryn Budig is known for her ability to encourage others to set their intentions and goals, no matter how lofty, and work towards them while staying true to oneself. In Aim True, Budig extends her empowering message beyond the mat. Life is an adventure that is meant to be explored, challenged, and fully lived. The best part? When you approach life with an open mind and heart, the possibilities are endless. Whether your goal is to love who you are right now, reshape the way you view food, develop a meditation practice, or discover new ways to embrace the great balancing act that is life, this holistic approach to yoga, diet, and mindfulness has something for you. Filled with vibrant photographs and whimsical illustrations, this guide is as beautiful as it is life-changing.
- The Moon Juice Cookbook: Since Amanda Chantal Bacon founded Moon Juice in 2011, it has evolved into one of the nation’s fastest growing wellness brands, and in The Moon Juice Cookbook, she artfully distills her powerful approach to healthy living, sharing over 75 recipes for the brand’s most popular healing beverages and provisions. Amanda’s recipes harness the healing properties of adaptogenic herbs, raw foods, and alkalizing ingredients to create potent drinks, snacks, and sweets that deliver a multitude of benefits, including sparked libido, glowing skin, and boosted immunity. She begins by guiding readers through the fundamentals of the Moon Juice kitchen, teaching them how to stock the larder with milks, juices, cultured foods, and “unbakery” doughs and crèmes—all of which can be mixed and matched to create nutritionally turbo-charged meals with minimal effort—and the essential time- and money-saving strategies they’ll need to make their new kitchen practices stick. With recipes for healthful, delectable indulgences like Strawberry Rose Geranium Bars, Hot Sex Milk, Savory Tart with Cheese and Tomato Filling, Pulp Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce, Yam Julius Milk, and Chocolate Chaga Donuts, The Moon Juice Cookbook is the stylish yet pragmatic roadmap readers need to achieve optimal wellness in a natural and delicious way.
- Oh She Glows Everyday: Quick and Simply Satisfying Plant-based Recipes – Angela Liddon’s irresistible and foolproof recipes have become the gold standard for plant-based cooking. Her phenomenally popular blog and New York Times–bestselling debut, The Oh She Glows Cookbook, have amassed millions of fans eager for her latest collection of creative and accessible recipes. Now, in this highly anticipated follow-up cookbook, Liddon shares wildly delicious recipes that are perfect for busy lifestyles, promising to make plant-based eating convenient every day of the week—including holidays and special occasions! Filled with more than one hundred family-friendly recipes everyone will love, like Oh Em Gee Veggie Burgers, Fusilli Lentil-Mushroom Bolognese, and Ultimate Flourless Brownies, Oh She Glows Every Day also includes useful information on essential pantry ingredients and tips on making recipes kid-, allergy-, and freezer-friendly. A beautiful go-to cookbook from one of the Internet’s most beloved cooking stars, Oh She Glows Every Day proves that it’s possible to cook simple, nourishing, and tasty meals—even on a busy schedule.
- The Wellness Mama: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook – With six kids, a popular blog, and no free time, Katie Wells, creator of the incredibly popular Wellness Mama website, knows firsthand how difficult it is to cook a healthy, homemade dinner every night. Faced with her own health challenges, and also concerned about the frightening statistics on the future health of her children’s generation, Katie began to evaluate the foods she was eating and feeding to her family. She became determined to find a way to create and serve meals that were wholesome, easy to prepare, budget-friendly, and family approved. The Wellness Mama Cookbook is a compilation of all that she has learned, with 200 simple, delicious recipes using all-natural ingredients; meal plans; time-saving tips; and advice that will take the guesswork out of dinner.The recipes and practical advice Katie offers will help you eliminate processed foods and move toward more healthy, home-cooked meals that are easily prepared—most in thirty minutes or less. The recipes focus on whole foods that are free of grains and refined sugars and without harmful fats, but are still delicious and full of flavor. With a variety of slow-cooker and one-pot meals, light lunches, dinners, and desserts, you’ll be eating better in every way in no time at all. Recipes include Sesame Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche Lorraine, Beef and Zucchini Stir Fry, and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, as well as recipes for bone broths, fermented foods, and super food drinks and smoothies. Katie also shares pantry-stocking advice, two weeks of meal plans for at home and on-the-go, shopping lists, and more. This is the ultimate cookbook that readers need to incorporate healthy eating knowledge into their daily practices.
- One Part Plant: Wellness advocate and podcaster Jessica Murnane is the friend you never knew you had. And she’s here with a cookbook to help you make a change you never thought was possible. In One Part Plant, Jessica has a friendly request: that you eat just one meal plant-based meal each day. There’s no crazy diet plan with an anxiety-inducing list of forbidden foods. Or pages filled with unattainable goals based on an eating philosophy that leaves you feeling hungry and deprived. Instead, Jessica offers you the tools to easily and deliciously make plants the star of your plate–no matter how much junk food occupies it now. Jessica knows what it’s like to have less than healthy eating habits. Just a few short years ago, her diet consisted of three major food groups: Sour Patch Kids, Diet Coke, and whatever Lean Cuisine had the most cheese. But when her endometriosis — a chronic and painful condition — left her depressed and desperate for help, she took the advice of a friend and radically overhauled her diet. Within months, her life dramatically changed — her pain started to fade and she felt like herself again.With a unique style and playful tone, Jessica shares what she’s learned on her way to healing her body through food. She keeps it simple and, most importantly, delicious — with 100 allergy-friendly recipes like Creamy Mushroom Lasagna, Easy Vegetable Curry Bowls, Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler, and Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Featuring her top ten pantry basics, practical advice, and colorful and bold photography, One Part Plant is an inspiring and educational guide to eating real and feeling your best.