Whether it’s physical or emotional, most of us have experienced some kind of pain at one point in our lives. We are all different, so we all experience pain differently and cope with that pain in different ways. Some hide and suppress it, avoiding the healing process that we all need to go through in order to move on, while others decide that they no longer want their pain controlling their lives so they confront it. If you are having trouble healing or don’t know how to heal, practicing yoga is great way to being the healing process.
This week’s featured classes will help you heal – mind, body and spirit.
- Yoga Nidra for Healing & Inspiration with Rod Stryker: Deep rest is key to healing and rejuvenation as well as improved focus. Enjoy this twenty minute Yoga Nidra session, the ancient yogic science of relaxation, and experience how twenty minutes of guided, systematic, relaxation practice can replenish and renew you. Use it to start your day, rest in the middle of it, or just before falling asleep and unlock your innate capacity for healing, inspiration, and peace. Props Suggested: Blanket to lay on or cover up with. Blanket or pillow for head, Bolster under the knees.
- Healing Flow with Mantra with Jo Tastula: The use of mantra has a purifying effect on the mind and combined with asana becomes a very potent practice. In this class we use the breathing mantra So Hum and the Tibetan mantra of compassion Om Mani Padme Hum, as a vehicle for quieting the mind and accessing an authentic place of peace. Lots of seated meditation and slow paced flow. Be warned, there are very few vinyasas! Prop Suggested: A blanket.
- Access Inner Healing & Loving with Sally Kempton: A meditation in which we access powerful transformative awareness to promote healing and loving attention from within.
- Release Stress, Activate Healing Prana with Kia Miller: Stress and tension find their way into our muscles and joints creating congestion; physically, emotionally and mentally. This kriya systematically works to release stress and activate the healing flow of prana. Awaken a higher level of awareness and bliss. This is a great one to do anytime you need to change your inner channel. Clear your mind and set yourself up for the best day ever! Class ends with a breath meditation. Prop Needed: Blanket
- Heal a Painful Memory with David Harshada Wagner: This is a powerful healing visualization where the practitioner is guided back to a memory that causes them pain. They use breath and awareness to soothe and ease the intensity of the painful memory. Prop Needed: Something to write on.
- Healing Practice for Sore Muscles with Stephanie Snyder: This is a gentle flow designed for the days when you feel sore or just worked. We explore being in the pose without hitting our max. This allows for release of tension. We begin slowly and build in order to give the body plenty of time to heal itself.