You’ve seen his local classes at the studio and you’ve waited patiently wondering when you might be able to practice with Rod online. The wait is over! We are thrilled to announce that Rod Stryker is a YogaGlo teacher and you can start practicing with him right now, wherever you are.
Rod Stryker is the founder of ParaYoga® and widely considered to be one of the West’s leading authorities on the ancient traditions of yoga, tantra, and meditation. He has taught for nearly thirty-five years and authored, The Four Desires: Creating a Life or Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity and Freedom as well as countless articles on yoga and meditation. A highly respected speaker, he is known for making the deepest aspects of yogic science practical and accessible to audiences from all walks of life, from corporations to yoga teachers and students of all levels. Having studied closely studied with two great Tantric yoga masters, Rod is one of only a few Americans transmitting an authentic, living tradition, one that has been practiced and handed down from teacher to student for thousands of years. He continues to lead trainings and advanced yoga study programs throughout the world and to guide others to the positive intersection of ancient wisdom and modern life.
Rod’s first classes have been added to the site for your study and exploration:
- Meditation on the Breath – Perhaps the most universal of all meditation practices, meditation on the breath is one of the most accessible (excellent for those starting to practice) as well as deep approaches to meditation. In addition to balancing the body and helping to build focus, the latter stages of this meditation opens the gateway to the Infinite. Recommended for all levels, enjoy and discover how ten minutes can lead to stillness and perfection.
- Yoga Nidra for Healing & Inspiration – Deep rest is key to healing and rejuvenation as well as improved focus. Enjoy this twenty minute Yoga Nidra session, the ancient yogic science of relaxation, and experience how twenty minutes of guided, systematic, relaxation practice can replenish and renew you. Use it to start your day, rest in the middle of it, or just before falling asleep and unlock your innate capacity for healing, inspiration, and peace. Props Suggested: Blanket to lay on or cover up with.
- Preparation for Meditation – With the body properly prepared, meditation becomes much more accessible. This practice effectively opens the hips and waist, strengthens the lower back, deepens and regulates the breath, and leads to stillness and focus. A truly efficient and balanced practice, it is recommended whether or not you plan to use it as a preparation for mediation.
- Prep for Deep Sleep – This sequence will slow you down, calm your nervous system, and unwind tension – the perfect preparation for deep and sound sleep. Whether you sleep well or not, this practice will benefit you by helping to center you and lead you to glorious grounding, calm, and ease.
- Intro to the Bandhas – Take your asana to the next level by learning to combine it with bandhas, the doorway to the energetics of practice. Through a sequence of key asanas you will experience and learn to apply bandhas (yogic locks) and thus increase your ability to build creative power and increase the transformative potential of your yoga. An incredibly efficient, yet powerful way to practice.
- Yoga for Confidence – This energizing practice enlivens body and mind. Accessible asanas with a focus on the abdomen and navel center, twists, mild back bending, abdominal strengthening and work with the breath will activate the subtle (pranic) body and empower you to fully shine internally and externally.