Restorative is the application of Yoga practice using props and postures held for longer periods of time to initiate deep relaxation of the body, mind and spirit. Slow Restorative Yoga is beneficial to balance a more active practice or decompress after a stressful day.
So this week we are featuring deep, quieting, and nurturing restorative classes that are designed to rest your body and soothe your mind.
- Unwind & Let Go of the Day’s Tension with Jo Tastula: This restorative class is perfect for the end of a hard work day or work week as a way to unwind and let go of pent up tension. For a real restorative treat have ready a bolster, blanket and 2 blocks. Starting with slow spinal rolls we gently work our way up from the base of the spine and the hips, into supported back bends and easy spinal twist. We finish in reclined cobblers pose (supta baddha konasana). Please note that there is no savasana in this class. Blessings.
- You Deserve to Rejuvenate with Amy Ippoliti: Give yourself the gift of renewal through a set of tranquil restorative poses including shoulder and upper back openers, hip openers, twists and more…set to relaxing music. Turn your yoga mat into an insta-spa with two blankets, a strap, two blocks and a bolster.
- Restore and Heal Your Mind, Body & Spirit with Stephanie Snyder: This is a very very very mellow class that will restore and heal your body mind and spirit. Based on the work of Thomas Hanna this movement takes place on the floor either on a blanket or carpet without a mat. We will spend the entire time on our backs. This is phenomenally beneficial work for all levels of practitioners and is accessible to most everyone.
- Relax and Refresh with Marc Holzman: These four restorative poses are perfect for reducing anxiety, grounding your energy, and soothing your nervous system. Props used: 1 bolster, 1-2 blankets, 1 strap, 1 block, eye pillow (optional but recommended).
- Find Calm & Unwind After a Long Day with Steven Espinosa: This calming 15 minute segment is perfect to unwind and relax at the end of a long day! Consisting of a variety of Reclining and Restorative Poses including Supported Bridge and Half Shoulder Stand. Also includes several inner and outer Hip Openers to release lower back stress. Using a block is recommended for some poses while others can be done at the wall.
- Rest Your Body, Soothe Your Mind with Jason Crandell: This is a deep, quieting, nurturing restorative practice designed to rest your body and soothe your mind. What else needs to be said….? (You will need 2 Blankets, a belt and a bolster)