“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to the live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
By bringing our full attention and presence onto our mat, we begin to cultivate a deeper level of focus and concentration in the present moment.
This week’s featured classes will help you learn to anchor and ground yourself in order to articulate your highest presence in all you do.
- Reset Your Mind – Presence with Tara Judelle: In this short mindful practice we focus conscious attention into the gland and organ bodies in order to reset the nervous system into a space of ease.
- Bring Balance to Your Presence with Elena Brower: A sweet sequence to bring a balance to your presence in all parts of your body, as a way to soften your mind. Bring that equality of consciousness to half sun salutes, standing poses, a prep for arm balancing, a core strengthening pose and a seated hip opener, in order to cultivate that balanced attention to every realm of your life.
- Accept the Present with Alex van Frank: Create balance, lengthening, introspection and a mindful presence in the body. Calm the chatter of your mind and awaken to the strengths and possibilities of the body. Props Needed: Two blocks and a strap – Props Optional: A blanket, chair or wall space.
- Presence and Essence with Steven Espinosa: Bringing our full presence to the practice of yoga allows us to reconnect with our deeper inner essence. In this 60 minute class, we will focus on staying present and in the moment while moving through a series of Sun Salutations, Standing Poses, Inversions, Hip/Thigh Openers and Backbends. Props Needed: Wall space. Prop Suggested: A block.
- Pure Divine Presence with Sally Kempton: A meditation based on a verse from the Bhagavad Gita, where we meditate with the awareness that we are completely filled and surrounded by divine presence. Meditating on our selves and the world as pure divine presence can shift our whole experience of the inner and outer world.
- Come Home to Yourself with Kia Miller: This sweet practice prepares you to access a state of deep presence and calm. The kriya systematically opens the body, grounds your energy and prepares you to sit in meditation. Our focus is Pratyahar, withdrawing the senses. The meditation, called the ‘Meditation into Thoughtlessness” helps to still your prana and mind, revealing something much deeper. When you come to a state of thoughtlessness, even for a second, then the Universe starts to serve you! Practice regularly and enhance the quality of your experience of life.