In order for our practice to truly evolve, it is important that we brush up on the foundation of our yoga poses. We can have all of the strength and experience in the world, but if we don’t understand the mechanics of the pose, then how will we be able to bring our practice to the next level?
From Meditation & Up-Dog, to Inversions & Savasana, we’re breaking down all of your favorite poses so you can safely and effectively get the most out your practice.
- Upward Dog Tutorial with Mary Taylor: Simple tricks to train the body to work with intelligence and strength so that upward dog feels comfortable and safe.
- Sirsasana Tutorial with Marla Apt: This short sequence will take you through a few poses to prepare to go upside down into headstand and then you’ll practice the preparation for headstand and then learn the primary actions and alignment of the final pose (practicing at the wall). Props: A block and wall space.
- Meditation Tutorial with Giselle Mari: Have you ever wondered if you’re meditating correctly? This simple yet effective offering provides you with 3 steps you can apply to your meditation practice, taking the guesswork out of this mindful experience. Props Recommended: Block, Blanket
- Backbending Tutorial with Claire Missingham: Struggling to press up into wheel pose? Try this tutorial based backbending and shoulder opening that will help you find wheel pose. Props needed: 2 Blocks
- Handstand to Chattarunga Tutorial with Marc Holzman: It’s a little scary to move towards the floor from a handstand. Here are a few remedial steps to build strength and confidence so you can lower yourself with ease. Props Needed: A chair and wall space. Props Suggested: Two blocks.
- The Interior Architecture of Savasana with Tias Little: This class is a map of the interior body in Savasana. Through guided imagery and anatomical detail, we first set the posture. Then Tias leads students through the inner labyrinth of the pose in order to to prepare for yoga nidra, the Great Yogic Sleep. Through small internal detail, learn to rest from your ears to your innermost brain, and from your skin to your soul. Suggested Props: Bolster, 3-4 blankets
Interested in practicing a different pose or sequence? Browse all of our tutorial classes.