We are thrilled to announce that Alex van Frank is now a YogaGlo teacher!
Alex van Frank is a yoga teacher, wholesome food advocate and mother. She has been bringing cultures and people together throughout her world travels and teaching. Born in Europe and raised in South America and the United States she brings a global view in both her teaching style and in accessibility.
Yoga and meditation are her way of bringing awareness, loving kindness, abate the causes of suffering and bring a sense of community to her students. She has created “Big Love Yoga”, which emphasizes the cross-cultural accessibility of yoga for all body shapes and mindsets, regardless of limitations. Alex creates a compassionate environment in which students can learn what is important and true to their own body and mind, whether that be physical strength, mental calmness or something more.
Alex is a member of The International Association of Yoga Therapists, Yoga Alliance certified and has experience in various forms of yoga including restorative, Anusara, vinyasa, therapeutics, meditation and most recently in Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy. Alex received a BA in English from the University of Michigan and a JD from Washington University School of Law. Based out of San Diego, California she teaches public classes and has a thriving private practice. When not in town she can be found leading and teaching internationally at retreats or practicing belly-laughing therapy with locals.
You can practice with Alex today with these just-added classes:
- Feeling Angry or Frustrated? – This practice will help give you a pause from the tsunami of emotions running through your mind and body. It is an all around practice with standing poses, forward folds, hip openers, variations on cat and cow pose, fish pose and more.
- Big & Beautiful Belly – This practice is ideal with a big belly or if you would like to learn to practice yoga in a very accessible way using a chair. This practice will take the spine in a full range of motion that will help move energy and support the body. Stretch and release! Props Needed: A chair. Props Suggested: A blanket.
- Mindfully Open Your Shoulders & Back Body – A key element to supporting your heart and your health is a mindful opening and stretching of the shoulders and back body. Props Needed: A blanket and a strap.
- Yoga 101 – This lecture covers the elements and methodology of beginner yoga, how it helps you access your body and mind as well as suggestions for ways to fit yoga into your everyday life. This lesson also covers the benefits of the following props: blankets for comfort, blocks for steadiness, the strap for expansion, and the chair for stability.
- Had A Rough Day? – This class can be helpful in settling the emotions, feelings and tension of a rough day. The aim is to gently opening the body and settle the mind to a more confident and hopeful state. The class begins with a brief meditation and then work through poses that will help you feel hopeful, victorious and confident. Props Needed: A bolster and a blanket. Prop Suggested: A chair.
- Find Steadiness & Balance – Feeling a little wobbly? This class will work on steadiness and balance. Poses are either on the ground or at the wall to find support or safety. Props needed: Wall space, a block and a strap. Props Suggested: A chair and two blocks.
Please join us in welcoming Alex van Frank to YogaGlo!