The heart. The single most important and powerful organ in the body. A closed heart can lead to all sorts of physical and emotional problems, but when the heart is open, the possibilities are endless. We become more accepting, humble, genuine, our joys become greater and our sorrows bearable — not to mention all the physical benefits that come from having an open heart. So if you’re looking to open up your heart a little more, you’ve come to the right place. Several studies show how yoga can help the heart, through both the mind and the physical body.
This week’s featured classes invite you to open your heart to possibility, forgiveness and change this holiday season.
- Jivamukti Heart Expansion with Giselle Mari: We practice yoga for a variety of reasons, but why we come together in community is an essential piece to this practice. Join in this Jivamukti yoga class where it’s not just the people you are with, but the feeling that the experience provides. This produces an environment ripe for the expansion of heart, mind and soul, ultimately making way for a full and fruitful life.
- Lightness & Love with Felicia Tomasko: This Heart-Centered Yin practice offers us some options to take care of energetic and physical space of the heart, to remove stagnation in the lungs, and to help us practice the art of relationship with the self. According to Ayurveda, the kapha dosha (the earth element) has its home here, in this part of our body. It regulates our expression of love (self and community) and in balance, offers us strength. Out of balance, it may feel heavy or stagnant. Through this practice, we feel a sense of both lightness and love with the use of simple backbends, heart openers, and shoulder work.
- Remove Obstructions & Open Your Spiritual Heart with Sally Kempton: In this meditation, we practice a powerful mantra sequence which removes obstructions, empowers, and opens the spiritual heart to a subtle state of loving.
- Build Heat, Open Your Heart with Stephanie Snyder: This is an all around flow that will heat you up for sure. We move through sun salutes, standing series and prepare well for backbends. A straight up heart opening flow that I hope you love!
- 2nd Series as Heart Expansion with Jodi Blumstein: This fast paced 2nd series can be done by level 2 and 3 students. Jodi will take you through the postures of Nodi Shodona, or the Intermediate series of Ashtanga yoga offering modifications for level 2 students.
- Open Your Heart with Tiffany Cruikshank: This is a yin/restorative class to create some opening in the shoulders & chest. This is also a great class for working with mental or emotional challenges as well as for opening the heart.