Fall is a great time to reboot and refocus the mind and body. The summer days have come to a close and new habits and routines are being formed, so this is the perfect time to wipe the slate clean and start new. Whether we’re letting go, recovering from an illness, starting a new chapter in our lives, starting a new season or a new relationship, cleansing is an important part of honoring what came before and preparing for what’s next.
So this week’s featured classes will be sure to give your mind and body a good rinse, inside and out.
- Release, Cleanse & Heal with Steven Espinosa: Yoga helps release our body from “fight or flight” mode (sympathetic nervous system) to “relaxation response” (parasympathetic system) allowing for physical and emotional cleansing and healing to happen. A slow but steady basic opening warm up including Surya Namaskar (sun salutations). Leading into an energetic Standing Pose series linking Extended Side Angle, Warrior Two, Reverse Warrior and Triangle together. Also includes breakdown of Uttkatasana (chair) to prevent knee discomfort. Continues with Bakasana (crow), hip opener in Pigeon and a series of Seated Poses for grounding and calming the lower body. Concludes with Backbends, Spinal Twist and brief Savasana.
- Cleansing Flow with Tiffany Cruikshank: A cleansing vinyasa flow class meant to give the body a good rinse from the inside out. We’ll twist, fold, invert and bend back. Pure bliss indeed!
- Wipe the Slate Clean with Felicia Tomasko: Wipe the slate clean through this cleansing soft Yin practice that uses the principles of Ayurveda to encourage the processes of releasing whatever needs to be relased in order to fully nourish ourselves. Whether we’re letting go, starting the new year, negotiating family, recovering from an illness, or living our daily lives, cleansing is an important part of allowing ourselves to be nourished. This practice uses a block and bolster for supported backbends, twists, and a soft forward fold.
- Deep, Cleansing Twist Practice with Jason Crandell: You will use the wall to create more efficient leverage and access hard-to-reach areas in this deep, cleansing twist practice. While most twists focus on unwinding the back-body, the use of the wall will also open the front of your shoulders and chest. In preparation for these unique twists, you will do your fare share of hip-openers and just enough standing poses.
- Cleanse Your Body, Balance Your Mind with Kia Miller: This class focuses on cleansing your body and balancing your negative mind tendencies. An active Kriya to move the issues out of your tissues followed by a short active meditation that helps to rebalance your energy. Do this class any time you feel your mind fall into negativity. Don’t be a slave to your mind. Choose the thoughts you want to embrace and release the others!
- Cleansing Twists Tune Up with Amy Ippoliti: Ring yourself out and release toxicity in all forms through a flow of twists and thigh-rooting poses. This is a yoga cleanse that will leave you feeling deeply refreshed and polished. Optional props: block, blanket