Sally Kempton explains that in yoga, our consciousness can free itself from concepts, beliefs and limiting ideas. How do we do this? By learning how to let ourselves be, with conscious awareness of our own inner Awareness.
This week’s featured classes will help deepen your practice through the cultivation of strong awareness of the body in all of the asanas, and strong focus on the breath.
- Cultivate Deep Awareness to be Present with Kathryn Budig: Use your asana to cultivate deep awareness of the present. Long, thoughtful holds in Sun Salutation B induce focus and the realization that it’s all good! Solid flow with focus on pranayama.
- Let Shiva Heighten Your Awareness with Sianna Sherman: In this story, Shiva shakes up the forest sages with his dance as a timely reminder of why we practice. This is a creative flow of standing poses and standing balance poses linked together to heighten your awareness, increase your focus and bring a sense of play to the essence of the practice.
- Access Your Inner Awareness with Sally Kempton: In deep meditation, our consciousness can free itself from concepts, beliefs and limiting ideas. How do we do this? By learning how to let ourselves be, with conscious awareness of our own inner Awareness. This powerful meditation accesses the natural state.
- Conscious Awareness with Steven Espinosa: This energetic class begins with a steady opening warm up leading into a vigorous Standing Pose series focusing on moving with conscious awareness. Followed by Arm/Hand Balances, Hip/Thigh Openers, Back Bends and Spinal Twists. Also includes a brief tutorial for the wrists in Urdhva Dhanurasana (Upward Facing Bow).
- Enhance Awareness of Your Heart with Elena Brower: A really nourishing Hatha sequence with a few meditative movements to enhance awareness of how your heart is reflected in your hands, your thoughts and your expression. Hold spacious attention in your hands, heart and mind through a some hip opening, standing poses, forearm stand, backbends and meditation.
- Deepen Your Practice Through Awareness with Jodi Blumstein: This class moves through most of the primary series, skipping select postures. The emphasis here is on deepening your practice through the cultivation of strong awareness of the body in all of the asanas, and strong focus on the breath and bandhas. Advancing your Ashtanga Yoga practice is not a function of doing more advanced asanas. Here we explore how to deepen our practice through greater awareness.