Whether it’s physical or emotional, most of us have experienced some kind of pain at one point in our lives. Since we are all different, we all experience pain differently and cope with that pain in different ways. Some hide and surpress it, avoiding the healing process that we all need to go through in order to move on, while others decide that they no longer want their pain controlling their lives so they confront it, beginning the healing process. If you are having trouble healing or don’t know how to heal, some say that Yoga is great way to being the healing process. Several studies show how yoga has the ability to help us heal – mind, body and spirit.
- Loving Kindness Meditation with Sally Kempton: A meditation for centering yourself in a wish for healing and love.
- Release, Cleanse and Heal with Steven Espinosa: Yoga helps release our body from “fight or flight” mode (sympathetic nervous system) to “relaxation response” (parasympathetic system) allowing for physical and emotional cleansing and healing to happen. A slow but steady basic opening warm up including Surya Namaskar (sun salutations). Leading into an energetic Standing Pose series linking Extended Side Angle, Warrior Two, Reverse Warrior and Triangle together. Also includes breakdown of Uttkatasana (chair) to prevent knee discomfort. Continues with Bakasana (crow), hip opener in Pigeon and a series of Seated Poses for grounding and calming the lower body. Concludes with Backbends, Spinal Twist and brief Savasana.
- Healing with the Siri Gaitri Mantra with Kia Miller: This mantra meditation is a true gem, it balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain and stimulates a healing flow of energy within the body. Use it to connect to your own source of healing and dedicate it to yourself or another.
- Restore and Heal Your Body, Mind & Spirit with Stephanie Snyder: This is a very very very mellow class that will restore and heal your body mind and spirit. Based on the work of Thomas Hanna this movement takes place on the floor either on a blanket or carpet without a mat. We will spend the entire time on our backs. This is phenomenally beneficial work for all levels of practitioners and is accessible to most everyone.
- Healing Practice with Jo Tastula: What does it mean to have a yoga practice that is healing and really supports everything that is going on in your life? Choose a healing intention and practice making every movement and breath an offering to that intention. Flow through crescent sun salutations (surya namaskar) as a warm up. Some tricky transitions like crescent to eagle (garudasana) and back to crescent, lunge to head-to-knee forward bend (janu sirsasana) into Garland or ‘yogi squat’ (malasana). Perhaps you do all of this class? Perhaps just some of it? Wishing you a great healing journey.
- Do you give, give, give? It’s time to receive with Amy Ippoliti: For the person who gives, gives, gives – it’s time to receive, receive, receive…This one is for you. Restore, rejuvenate, heal and give back to yourself through this easeful set of heart opening and nurturing restorative poses with props set to relaxing music. You’ll want 2 blankets, 2 blocks, a bolster, and a strap.