Instead of our usual “Weekend” Challenge we are changing it up! Get ready because we challenge you to do 7 consecutive days of yoga! Yes, you heard us correctly. 7 consecutive days of yoga! We understand that with busy schedules it might be hard to to fit in 1 yoga practice a week, let alone 7! But remember, this doesn’t have to be anything intense or vigorous. It can be a 5 minute core practice before you go to bed or a 10 minute meditation during your lunchbreak.
If you’re pressed for time, here are some quick classes that you can take at home, work and even in an airport or train station!
- 5 Minute Yoga for Stress Reduction with Tara Judelle: Breath work/meditation designed to help focus the mind and body before a meeting, audition, or high stress situation.
- 5 Minute Yoga Break in Your Chair with Jason Crandell: Only have time for a 5 minute yoga-break? This chair-based practice will help open your hips and hamstrings while bringing circulation to your entire lower-body. This simple, accessible practice is also appropriate for students that need a gentle, highly-supported sequence.
- Relief for Computer Hands with Felicia Tomasko: Hands and wrists. Get rid of writer’s cramp and computer hands with this series that focuses on hands, fingers and wrists.
- Meditation in Motion with Harshada Wager: This short tutorial addresses the topic of bringing meditative awareness to common activities.
- Mid Travel Yoga Practice with Jo Tastula: So, you’re in a crowded space…nowhere to put down a mat and fully stretch out but your poor body is suffering? Here’s some ideas for stretches that you can do standing in the airport, at the train station, at the post office – that won’t bring too much attention to you. Warning; great amounts of humor needed when doing yoga in public spaces.