Most of us know that sitting at a desk all day isn’t exactly the best thing for our bodies. While a little slouching now and then isn’t so bad, drawn out over time, our poor desk habits can cause serious harm. Stuck at a desk all day? Ease tension and undo the damage caused by too much sitting with yoga.
This week’s featured classes will help reset your body quickly to be able to continue working while establishing more blood flow, brain flow and body comfort.
- Unravel the Office Slouch with Claudine Lafond: If you are pressed for time and need an invigorating sequence, look no further! Spending hours at a desk does not do a body good. Warm your entire body and loosen up all your tight spots with efficiency and joy! Includes upper body tension release, lunges and modified sun salutations. Props Needed: Two blocks.
- The Office Meditator with Marc Holzman: An easy, low maintenance way to reboot at your desk and doesn’t even require yoga clothing. Approximately two minutes of easy movement to funnel energy from your overactive brain into your body. Three minutes of breath work to soothe and balance your mind. Five minutes of guided meditation to bring you back to the best version of your ‘self’. Head back to work with a fresh perspective. Props Needed: A chair.
- Take a Break with Marla Apt: Take a break from your seat. This brief sequence is a perfect antidote to asymmetry or compression after a long period of time at a desk. Open the chest, revitalize your energy, stretch the shoulders, lengthen the lower back and relieve all around tension. Props Needed: A block and a chair. Props Suggested: Wall space.
- Computer Work Break with Elena Brower: Lean away from your screen for an efficiency break. Helpful for your legs, spine, arms, wrists, lungs, eyes and softening your mind. Stand, fold, stretch and practice some energy medicine to rest your whole being and to send you back to work feeling refreshed.
- Desk Reset with Tara Judelle: This short sequence is designed so you can get up from your desk at work and reset your body quickly to be able to continue working while establishing more blood flow, brain flow and body comfort. Prop Needed: Chair