Even though it’s been a couple of days since Thanksgiving, some of us might still be feeling the hangover from over-indulgence, family, stress and maybe even a lack of practice. So this week, if you are still not feeling 100%, hit the mat for some detox yoga.
This week’s featured classes will stimulate the digestive system and help to release the toxins and stress that tend to build up in your body during the holidays.
- Detox and Rejuvenate with Kia Miller: This fun class consists of dynamic movements that energize and detoxify the body, specifically the liver, colon and stomach. Take this class to move stagnation out of the body and promote deep healing. Kickstart a healthier version of you! Class includes mantras: Sa Ta Na Ma, Hari Har and Hum Dum Har Har Har Har Hum Dum. Enjoy!
- Super-Detox Twisty Cleanse with Claire Missingham: A fantastic little class for those of you whom may have over indulged or are giving up sugar, caffeine or other stimulants. Great also if you are detoxing, cleansing or just need to give your skin a healthy glow from the inside out. Lots of interesting twists, cleansing pranayama, neutralizers and counter poses.
- Nurture Detox Holiday Yoga with Kathryn: Learn how to nurture and detox your body through the holidays. This class focuses on core work and twists to aid in digestion, detox and deep core appreciation. Enjoy the decadence of the holiday season with the balance of
your practice. Trust your gut!
- Flush Out Toxins, Cleanse the Body & Mind with Tiffany Cruikshank: A short detox flow to flush out toxins and cleanse the body and mind. We will use the breath and movement to pump the blood through the abdominal organs as a refresher for the whole body. This class uses breath work and cardiovascular movement to increase circulation around the liver and digestive organs to help move stagnation and enhance detoxification. If you have a block, strap and blanket we will use them but there are modifications if not. A nice detox used on its own or in conjunction with a dietary modifications to help give your body a fresh start. Props: Block, Strap, and Blanket optional
- Ready, Set, DETOX with Marc Holzman: If you’ve had a rough night, live in a polluted city, or simply feel it’s time to cleanse the organs, here are 6 poses you can do to fight free radicals and remove toxins. Two blocks, a blanket and free wall space recommended.
- Twisting Flow for Detox with Dice Iida-Klein: This flow is aimed at detoxing the body via twists, hip and low back opening, as well as a decent amount of core work from our hands and backs. Tossing aside our usual Warrior 2, Parsvakonasana and Ardha Matsyendrasana, we explore Anjaneyasana, Crescent pose, revolved Crescent and revolved half-moon along with twists upside down and standing. Handstand options are given throughout of course! A light forward fold sequence follows to top it all off. No major backbends in this flow my fellow yogis. Enjoy!