Although most of us try to cultivate habits of happiness, some days we just find ourselves a little moody. In need of a little pick-me up or even an attitude adjustment to carry you through a difficult day, week or even month? Yoga might be the answer. It can give you the boost of happiness and shift in perspective that we all need once in awhile.
This week’s featured classes will help adjust your mood and make you smile.
- Be Happy with Steven Espinosa: This time we have on our yoga mat is special. So as much as possible try to make the most of it and be happy to be here! Class begins with a gentle opening warm up on the floor, gradually building into a steady Standing Pose series including Warrior 2, Extended Side Angle, Triangle and Half Moon, followed by Hip/Thigh/Hamstring stretches leading into Back Bends. The focus of this segment is on opening up the lower body to settle and calm the central nervous system.
- Your Best Self with Tara Judelle: Sometimes the only thing that will shift our mood, our day, our clarity of experience, is an intense infusion of remembrance that comes from going back to the mat. This potpourri class is designed as a full body routine to help put you back to your best self. This class includes arm balances, backbends and inversions. Props Suggested: Two Blocks, Strap
- Yoga for a Great Attitude with Amy Ippoliti: Need an attitude adjustment? It goes with out saying that yoga itself, no matter what kind you do, helps with your attitude – but there are definitely some poses that are more mood enhancing than others. This all around practice includes a healthy does of heart opening and shoulder yumminess, backbends, hips and savasana.
- Quicken Your Kapha with Rod Stryker: Reduce kapha, known in Ayurveda as the biological humor related to earth and water. As kapha increases, you become less inspired and spontaneous, more prone to stagnation, colds and coughs. Practice dynamic and expansive postures to help reduce physical lethargy and stagnation. Lift your mood while stimulating your lungs, heart, circulation and metabolism.
- Yoga to Change Your Perspective with Kathryn Budig: Shift your attitude and perspective along with your hamstrings and hip flexors. We explore the potential for growth, length, space and change in our minds and lower bodies leading up to Uttitha Hasta Padangustasana (Standing Hand to Big Toe) and Vashistasana II (Side Plank II).
- Clearing the Subtle Body with David Harshada Wagner: The subtle body is the energy field that permeates the physical body. It is the seat of our mind and out emotions and its wellbeing is an important element in our experience of happiness. In this session, Harshada will lead us through simple meditation and breathing exercises designed to clear out the energetic junk that builds up in our subtle body. Session will include guided practice and discussion.
- Create Space Between You & Your Bad Mood with Elena Brower: You are not your bad mood, and this meditation is a simple, perfect way to create space between your hear and that mood. Congratulations on taking these 15 minutes to sit and watch and accept yourself, you’ll be glad you did.