“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” – Buddha
The most important relationship you will ever have is the relationship that you have with yourself. Self-love is at the very core of well-being. By maintaining a positive and healthy relationship with yourself, you’re not only able to build healthy and fufilling relationships with others, but you have the ability to create and enjoy the kind of life you want.
So if self-love is the key to happiness, then why do we insist on bombarding our minds with negative self-talk? Maybe it’s from past relationships, maybe it’s from some awkward teenage years or maybe it’s from a parent or role-model. There are literally thousands of reasons why and where low self-esteem begins, but only one place where it can end. Yourself.
Does your self-esteem needs a boost? Yoga to the rescue! Yoga can help you understand yourself internally so you become aware of the potential that lies within you. This week’s featured classes are all about helping you cultivate self love and acceptance so you can live the life you deserve!
- Self Love Fest with Amy Ippoliti: It is human to feel down about ourselves, but thanks to yoga we do not have to stay in the dumps too long. This sequence will remind you of your greatness and give your self esteem a boost through nourishing forward bends, cradling poses and gentle supine poses. Prop needed: One blanket.
- Unshakeable Self-Esteem with Elena Brower: This meditation uses sound and breathing as a means to raise your frequency, and create a connection to your self-esteem that is unshakeable. Whether you’re feeling vulnerable, contracted, angry or sad, this will awaken a healing current and deliver you back to the world feeling way better.
- Embrace Your Perfectly Imperfect Self with Tiffany Cruikshank: This class is all about self esteem and body image for women. Looking at how the physical practice can shift our mental perspective and how our mental perspective can shift our reality. Step into your strength as a woman and embrace your perfectly imperfect self!
- Awaken Your Motivation with Rod Stryker: Motivation for self esteem, motivation and inspiration. By learning to direct and collect awareness in the navel center we awaken the most positive and life affirming qualities of the mind. Prop Suggested: Blanket to sit on
- How do we Become our Best Friend in this Lifetime with Felicia Tomasko: This practice is like upgrading your operating system for the body, mind, heart, and spirit. With a sequence that includes alternating forward folds, twists, and hip openers, our primary aim is releasing tension in the neck and shoulders. We do this by paying attention to the length of the spine–from top to bottom–in this class that allows us to befriend the concept of surrender. Instead of giving up, we are deeply connecting with the different layers of our body: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, our higher knowledge, and our sense of bliss and connectedness. How do we befriend our body, mind, heart, spirit? How do we become our best friend in this lifetime? This is the aim of this practice–go deep, slow, and potent.
- Meditation to Conquer Negativity with Kia Miller: Do this mantra meditation when-ever you are grappling with low self-esteem, negative mind, or want to dispel negativity around you. The mantra Aap Sohai Hoa, Suchay Dah, Suchay Doa, Har Har Har. translates as: You, Divine One, have become my refuge. True is your support, Great Creative Infinite. Strengthen your mental self control! Try it, it is wonderful!
- A Relationship of ONE with Marc Holzman: There is no relationship more important than the one you have with yourself as it informs all others. Open to consciousness and then hug to the midline. After a strong warm up and standing series, we explore asymetrical arm balances culminating in eka pada urdhva dhanurasana.
- Overcoming Self Hatred with Harshada Wagner: This meditation targets the energy of self hatred and cultivates the energy of self love and acceptance.