We are thrilled to announce that Carole Westerman is now a YogaGlo teacher!
Carole Westerman’s mission is to bring yoga to everyone! She is an experienced yoga teacher, with certifications in the following disciplines of yoga: Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Prenatal, Children’s, Kundalini, and Thai Yoga Massage. Carole is a certified Childbirth Educator, has experience attending births as a Doula, and has a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Psychology. Carole is also the Director of 500-Hour Level Yoga Teacher Training program at Lotus House of Yoga, where she is part-owner of three locations. She is on the Teacher Training faculty of several yoga schools, as well as being on the faculty of 90 Monkeys, and travels to teach nationally and internationally. She has created her own curriculums for 500-Hour, 200-Hour, Prenatal and Children’s Yoga programs that she has taught in numerous locales. Carole is a mother to three daughters, and has worked many years in the fields of children and family services.
Carole teaches her own eclectic blend of yoga, combining elements from her diverse background and training. Always striving for harmony and balance in her teaching and personal practice, Carole integrates both Yin and Yang aspects into her classes. Carole’s more receptive, therapeutic, and nourishing side is drawn from her trainings with Judith Hanson Lasater and Sarah Powers. While her more energetic and dynamic side is influenced by her studies with Shiva Rea and Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa.
Living yoga is what resonates with Carole; taking the skills, challenges, successes, and experiences we have on our mats, and applying them to our everyday lives. She believes that as we align our bodies in poses, we are actually aligning ourselves toward optimal health. As we flow, we are actually learning to ride the ups and downs of life with grace and ease. All of these elements, and more, come together in her classes to weave together a complex and beautiful tapestry that becomes the fabric of our living yoga. She invites you to come explore with her on the mat, and she truly believes yoga will change your life.
You can start practicing with her today:
- Slow Flow Prenatal – Prenatal class suitable for all trimesters. We will learn to connect to our breath as a way to connect with our baby and prepare for our birthing time. Through an easy going flow, we will coordinate breath with movements in order to increase awareness of our unique breathing patterns. We will observe our breath during periods of rest and during periods of challenge. This will allow us to see the breath as a valuable tool which will directly support and enhance our birth experience.
- Head to Toe Prenatal Flow – This all-trimesters class is designed to be all encompassing for the days when you want a little bit of everything. Many of the common head-to-toe discomforts of pregnancy will be addressed leaving you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and relaxed. This practice is great for when you want to create optimal ease and comfort in the ever-changing pregnant body.
- Gentle & Revitalizing Prenatal Chair Flow – We know we always feel better after a yoga practice, but sometimes it’s such a challenge to get started. In this practice, we start off seated on a chair (or couch!) and gradually ease ourselves into a gentle but invigorating practice. Before you know it, you’ll be feeling like “you” again! With most of the poses done either on the chair or with the chair, this class is accessible even on your most tired days. Plenty of hip and shoulder opening, with some TLC for the feet, this class will leave you feeling refreshed and ready for whatever your day has in store.
- Restorative Yoga for Stress-Free Fertility – This restorative class is designed to help ease stress and pressure related to fertility and trying to become pregnant. It will also enhance breath awareness and bring energy to the pelvic region. Nourish your body and help bring peace to your mind while holding poses like “mountain brook”. This is also nice to do with your partner if you both need a little TLC.
- Midnight Meditation for Mamas – Are you finding yourself up in the middle of the night? Do you have trouble going to sleep at night or falling back to sleep after getting up? This meditation will help you turn your mind off, tune into your breath and inner wisdom and find your happy place. You can practice this meditation anywhere, even in your bed.
- Prenatal Yin for a Courageous Heart – In this Yin practice, we honor our courageous hearts through a sequence designed to re-invigorate our heart energy and passion for starting a family. As mothers, we express love through our hands, arms, and heartbeat. This class will give us an opportunity to nourish these parts of ourselves, as we infuse our body with self-love and model this to our baby. Taking care of our family starts with taking care of ourselves.
Please join us in welcoming Carole to YogaGlo!