We are thrilled to announce that Taylor Harkness is now a YogaGlo teacher!
Taylor Harkness is an instructor bent on moving people to play both on and off the mat with skillful action, an open heart, and a healthy dose of gratitude. An avid rock climber, rookie sky diver, hungry learner, psychology nerd, nature lover, and paramedic, Taylor applies his adventurous experiences of life to his teachings and to keeping it real in the classroom. Taylor’s long-term goal is marrying yoga with primary health care and mental wellness, and his passion for the way the body works is infectious. Catch one of his upbeat classes, and you may just find your frown turned upside down.
You can start practicing with Taylor today as his first classes were just added to the site:
- Oh, Happy Day! – A deep, lunging flow to turn any frown around. This class builds on a heated, feel-good sequence to open the front body and flirt with both a camel and a humble warrior variation. Use this class to kick-start a gloomy day, or simply shift perspectives any time you need some shine. Recommended props: Two blocks and a strap.
- Wake-Up Rockstar! – Good morning, sunshine! You have the whole day ahead of you. Start it off right with fluidity and a light heart. This short but warming flow will wake up the whole body, deepen the breath, and create space for goodness to flood in to the rest of your day. Smile at all that lies ahead and stand in your awesomeness, Rockstar. Your glow is showing.
- Happy Hips, Hammies & Lower Back – A life behind a desk, the wheel of a car, or even standing all day for work can be rough on the legs and lower back. Wake up the stiff parts of the hips, hamstrings, and lumbar spine with a stretchy, feel-good flow and then release into some yin style stretches. Props Needed: Two blocks and a strap.
- A Quickie, But Goodie – In a hurry and want to sweat? Well, let’s get to it! This quick flow will have the whole body feeling revitalized from your head and shoulders to your knees and toes. Think of this flow as your short on time, go to tune-up. Props Suggested: Two blocks and a strap.
- Cutie-Pie Crow – Crow pose is strong and elegant. But, this little cutie-pie crow variation is sure to be a fun challenge. A quick flow will prep you for the twisting motion, the balancing aspect, and the cute factor. If all poses were this adorable, puppies would have some major competition.
- You Got This! – An hour to move, an hour to groove! A balanced, challenging and playful flow that is laced with positive affirmations will keep you on your toes as we work our way around the mat and into the shoulders, core, hips, and hammies. Lunges and twists will dance their way into the mix, and we’ll finish with a deep hip stretch and a restful savasana. Props Suggested: One or two blocks.
Please join us in welcoming Taylor to YogaGlo!