“And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be crazy, by those who could not hear the music.”? Friedrich Nietzsche
If there is one thing in life that we have control over, it is our innate ability to choose how we see things. Our perspective is one of the only things that no one can change or take away from us (unless we let them). Each one of us has the ability to choose whether we want to see the glass half empty or the glass half full. Each one of us has the power to see the silver lining and to view life’s challenges and setbacks not as a negative thing, but as a tool for self-empowerment and as an opportunity to learn and grow from.
Need to shift your perspective? Yoga can help. This week’s featured classes will help elevate our energy and open us to view the world from a different perspective.
- Overwhelmed? Shift Your Perspective with Tiffany Cruikshank: A meditation to shift your perspective. This is perfect for when you’re feeling down or overwhelmed or if you have high stress in your life or just want to shift to a more positive outlook. We tend to see the negative stuff easier than the positive so sometimes it takes a more proactive approach to shift your perspective for your day. I like to do this one regularly first thing in the morning to set my mindset for the day. It has a simple meditation tool to help you create the space to shift your perspective. Repeat regularly.
- A Whole Other Perspective with Amy Ippoliti: Approach “hand to foot backbends” (such as full pigeon, natarajasana, eka pada dhanurasana and supta natarajasana) not as the goal but instead as the journey and process of opening your body for the attempt! Modifications abound, so grab a strap, a blanket and have a wall near by.
- Steadiness & Perspective with Darren Rhodes: Perspective is a precious resource that is often lacking in the midst of life’s unexpected twists and turns. This class requires and therefore offers steadiness and strength.
- Wash Away the Old, Make Way for the New with Kia Miller: Wash away the old and make way for the new with this kriya that balances our first three energy centers. Liberate yourself from old habits and self-destructive tendencies. The kriya physically stimulates the nervous and glandular system in such a way that elevates our energy and opens us to viewing the world from a different perspective. To optimize the effects remember to focus the mind on what you are doing and experiencing whilst in the kriya. This set includes shoulder stand so please have blankets on hand if you use them.
- Yoga to Change Your Perspective with Kathryn Budig: Shift your attitude and perspective along with your hamstrings and hip flexors. We explore the potential for growth, length, space and change in
our minds and lower bodies leading up to Uttitha Hasta Padangustasana (Standing Hand to Big Toe) and Vashistasana II (Side Plank II).
- Shifting Our Perspective with Elena Brower: With strong awareness of our foundation, an efficient and thorough sequence of standing poses, forearm stand, abdominal strengthening, handstand, vinyasa flow, twists. headstand with variations, virasana, forward bends and a brief meditation. Shift your vantage point and find more equanimity and acceptance in any moment.