A lot of us save our yoga practice for the afternoon or evening. With a long, stressful day behind us, we want nothing more than to clear our minds, shift our focus and release whatever stress that has accumulated throughout the busy day. By the end of our practice we are calm and relaxed, the stress has subsided and whatever seemed to bother us during the day is now a distant memory. What a great way to end the day, right?
Yes! But what if there was a way to start the day off right? Morning yoga to the rescue! Several studies show how a morning yoga routine can set the tone for the entire day. It helps to clear our thoughts so we can remain calm and clear headed throughout the day, it gives us more energy and endurance and it prepares us mentally and emotionally for our daily activities and interactions with other people, in turn making us more patient, less reactive and less likely to take things personal. What a great way to begin the day!
This week’s featured classes will be sure to help get your day started on the right foot. Rise and shine!
You can use our Search Feature to search through all of our Morning Yoga classes on your own. To get you started without searching, we’re highlighting six classes in a variety of styles, levels and durations that are designed to prepare your mind, heart and body for the day ahead!
- Invigorating Start to Your Day with Darren Rhodes: Rise and shine without the sun salutation. Start your day with some invigorating standing poses, such as warrior 1 and 2, tree pose, plank, and power posture. A great way to start and stay steady throughout your day.
- Good Morning Sunshine with Marc Holzman: When we start the day with a morning practice we have the opportunity to ‘begin again’ and set the pace for the day. Morning practices are more playful, lively, and experimental. This is a dynamic class which includes sun salutations, handstand hopping (with hands on blocks!), bird of paradise and backbend variations. Inserted within the class are Surya and Chandra Bhedana Pranayama. Greet the day. Greet your Self.
- Inspiring Morning Practice with Stephanie Snyder: This practice eases you out of bed and into a strong vinyasa practice in a way that feels complete. Includes gentle sun salutes for warm-up, moving into core strengthening work, a strong standing sequence that will open hips, hamstrings, and shoulders. We then ease into backbends, of course! And complete our practice with headstand, shoulderstand, and a forward fold. Set the tone for your day through this transitional and inspiring practice.
- Morning Meditation Practice with Harshada Wagner: In this 20 minute basic meditation, Harshada leads you through a practice designed to prepare your mind and heart for the day ahead. Perfect for morning practice.
- The Highest First with Christina Sell: Begin your day with a dynamic backbend practice designed to remind you to put your heart first no matter what comes your way. Inspiring, challenging and caring, this class will wake you up and get you going.
- Start Your Day with Connection & Peace with Kia Miller: This all-round balancing practice is a perfect way to start any day. It touches every part of your body encouraging a sense of connection and peace. Perfect for all levels.