“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
Each day is a chance for us to be better than we were yesterday. Think about what simple steps you can take today to get closer to your best self.
This week’s featured classes will help you in your journey toward greater health, growth, and happiness.
- Your Best Self with Tara Judelle: Sometimes the only thing that will shift your mood, your day, your clarity of experience, is an intense infusion of remembrance that comes from going back to the mat. This potpourri class is designed as a full body routine to help put you back to your best self. This class includes arm balances, backbends and inversions. Props Suggested: Two blocks and a strap.
- How to Be a Unicorn with Claudine Lafond: Have you ever wanted to spread your wings and fly? Enjoy a fun flow, geared towards taking flight and accessing the magic that you already possess. Expect to gallop, balance and fly through a variety of unique and silly movements, such as arrowhead, warrior 3 and horse stance. Be prepared for a rigorous and very playful sequence. Props Suggested: A block and a strap.
- Rest in Your Own Center with Sally Kempton: When you enter the cave of the heart, you may discover not only the deepest form of love, but a new awareness of your relationship to yourself and the world. This guided meditation on the cave of the heart is a perfect way to rest in your own center.
- Value Yourself to Master Yourself with Elena Brower: The best way to master yourself is to drop in and focus softly but fully on your own value. In order to do your best work, you must see yourself as entirely worth it and take such sweet care of yourself. This fun flow doesn’t stop till your mind is quiet and your energy is balanced. Props Suggested: One or two blankets.
- Yoga for Confidence with Rod Stryker: This energizing practice enlivens body and mind. Accessible asanas with a focus on your abdomen and navel center, twists, mild back bending, abdominal strengthening and work with your breath will activate the subtle (pranic) body and empower you to fully shine internally and externally. Props Suggested: A blanket.
- Celebrate YOU with Jo Tastula: Happy full moon, happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy you-made-it-to-your-mat day!! This class is a celebration of YOU! Through reflection and contemplation, gain a deeper insight to the preciousness of your life. Move around the mat in a slow juicy flow which leaves nothing untouched. Warm up with sun salutation C and then drop into half splits, crescent moon and triangle. Move at your own pace, add or subtract postures, use variations, and enjoy!