Sometimes it’s nice to spice up our practice with a little playfulness and just enjoy the amazing things that our bodies are capable of. So if you’re looking to get in touch with your playful side, this week we’re featuring a blend of fun and energetic classes that will be sure to supercharge your day and make you smile.
- Challenging and Playful Eka Pada Koundinyasana Flow with Kathryn Budig: Eka Pada Koundinyasana is the star of the show here! We play with version I and II and all the muscles and movements it takes to get into the pose. This extremely playful and challenging class will get you motivated to step outside of your comfort zone. We even tackle the pose from headstand! A well deserved half hour cool down follows all the heat to take you into a place of bliss.
- Yoga Frolic with Amy Ippoliti: A playful blend of fun and energetic poses to supercharge your day. Includes warming sun salutations, hip openers, inversions, arm balances and backbends.
- 30 Minute Energizer Flow with Jo Tastula: There is so much packed into this little 30 minute energizer… the whole body is strengthened in this playful class concentrating on upper body/core strength and flexibility. Try crow to tripod headstand (bakasana – sirsasana) ‘bunny hop’ handstands (Adho Mukha Vrksasana) and wheel pose or upward facing bow on blocks (Urdhva Dhanurasana). If you have some extra time hang out and do some more backbends on your own and some long juicy twists as we backbend right up to the end of time!
- Quick, Challenging & Playful Flow with Stephanie Snyder: This is a fun flow class for advanced practitioners who want a quick, challenging, and playful flow. We move through several arm balances and a couple of inversion variations. There is very little instruction in this class, I call the pose and we practice together.
- Flower Power with Giselle Mari: A playful practice for those of you who love and practice Lotus Pose. Tap into your flower power with a warm-up to the sun and then some standing and seated poses for good grounding. With a positive mental cultivation, observe what unfolds for you. Partial, half or full lotuses are all welcome. Props Suggested: Two to four blankets.
- Yogi Playground with Taylor Harkness: This flow is about playfully transitioning through the unknown. Out of the box sequencing for a full body flow will remind us to let go of control and expectations. It’s time for recess. Drop your worries and let’s play. Props Needed: Two blocks and a strap.