Ananda, sanskrit for bliss or blissful. Our yoga practice allows us to reduce stress by reuniting breath, body, mind and heart back into a state of peace or bliss within. Bliss, in the best sense of the word, is a state of deep happiness.
This week’s featured classes will help you achieve a state of grounded bliss so you can move through life more centered and aware.
- Outer Hip Bliss with Annie Carpenter: Work your outer hips in deepening rotation, then release them Yin-style. Standing pose flow with Vira 2, Half-Moon and UHPG 2, Sirsasana with variations and seated hip-openers. Prop Suggested: A block and a blanket.
- Blissful Flow with Steven Espinosa: Ananda – sanskrit for “”bliss or blissful.”” Our yoga practice allows us to reduce stress by reuniting breath, body, mind and heart back into a state of peace or bliss within. A gentle warm up leads us into a multiple Standing Pose series including Warrior 2, Extended Side Angle and Triangle. Also includes a brief tutorial on Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon). Emphasis on being at peace with where you are at within the pose and in your practice. Continues with a combination of Standing Leg Balance, Hip Opener and Thigh Stretches. Concludes with Back Bends, Supine Spinal Twists and Savasana.
- Bliss Body with Tara Judelle: A thorough body class focusing awareness on the inner state, using slow flow and the support of the ground, coupled by interstitial pranayama to bring the body into the bliss state. Props Suggested: Two blocks, a blanket and a strap.
- Riding the Waves of Bliss with Revolved Side Angle Pose with Noah: Riding the Waves of Bliss: This class builds to the peak pose Revolved Side Angle Pose (Parivritta Parsvakonasana). Beginning with the waves of a strong vinyasa practice, utilizing standing pose flows to imprint certain forms and train muscle energy in the legs and hips. We then move from vinyasa into twisting postures to help you find balance, detox and bliss in a deep series towards this beautiful and challenging pose.
- Ananda Vinyasa: From Body & Breath to Bliss with Rod Stryker: A series of postures, breath work and bandhas lead us to where we all want to spend more time in the joy of being. Efficient, yet powerful, this sequence will allow you to experience all the stages of a complete practice: asana, breath, and meditation. Optional prop: A blanket
- Bliss Blast with Amy Ippoliti: If you need to shift your emotional state in a hurry, this is your go-to! This fast paced sequence packs in as many happy-go-lucky poses as possible into a brief chunk of rapture.
- Kosha Five – Anandamayakosha with Harshada Wagner: Anandamayakosha. Explore and release the “bliss body”, the subtle layer of deep pleasure and inner ecstasy. This is the fifth of five kosha meditations.