We are thrilled to announce that Chelsey Korus is a YogaGlo teacher!
Chelsey is grateful for her training from numerous guides on her path, including the teachers and students at Vira Yoga NYC, NYU’s CAP21 program, Capoeira and Ballet schools all over the U.S, and master Lu Yi. She continually immerses herself in the practices of martial arts, classical and modern dance, gymnastics, and acrobatics, and brings aspects of these styles to every class she teaches. Chelsey has become a renowned name in the yoga world, taking it from the streets of New York City to international performance venues, commercials, print work, and corporate events. Clients include Wanderlust Festivals, Mercedes Benz fashion shows with Venus Williams and Vivienne Tam, Under Armour, and Intel. Over the course of her fitness and modeling career, she has been featured on PopSugar and the Kelly and Michael Show, and in Prevention Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Shape Magazine, Women’s Health, Yoga Journal, and GNC’s “Respect Yourself” campaign.
You can start practicing with Chelsey today as her first classes were just added to the site:
- Take Your Practice Off Auto-Pilot – An eye-opening, sweaty, 90 min vinyasa flow filled to the brim with sequences that move! We all know the feeling of driving the same route day after day and how the brain can go on auto-pilot where we can’t remember exactly how we got to our destination. Our yoga practice can feel that way at times and it is up to us to keep coming back to the mat in a fresh way making the declaration, “I am on a path to becoming more awake.”
- Inner Stability, Outer Fluidity – A powerful way to learn to deal with the instability of life. Learn to transition the legs from binds to extensions and from standing to inverted positions with a fluid outer body and a strong, focused inner body and core.
- Fine-Tune Chaturanga Dandasana – A challenging tutorial to fine-tune Chaturanga Dandasana. Even the most advanced practitioner can experience a bout of difficulty with Chaturanga Dandasana. Issues ranging from core stability, elbow alignment, wrist pain, and finger engagement can come up when attempting to process this posture. Just as a fine string instrument, it too requires a sharpened attention and consistent tuning. Learning to properly align the bones in this foundational pose will carry you to hand balancing success throughout your practice.
- Creative Core – Not a single crunch in the bunch. Sick of the typical ab routine? Take a journey with me through some “nontraditional” exercises that will leave you with a new relationship to your center without the strain in your neck. These ab exercises will work your core from every angle to get you stronger muscles, a smaller waist, and a smile on your face
- Learn Dancer’s Pose – In this flowing tutorial, you’ll open your shoulders, back and thighs and then balance – all to help prepare your body for Natarajasana (often called “Dancers Pose”). Explore both the playful and the regal side of this standing heart opener, uncovering ways to focus it, align it, stretch it and finally balance it without all the drama.
Please join in welcoming Chelsey to YogaGlo!