“Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Dennis Waitley
Grace is defined as simple elegance or refinement of movement. From how we handle certain situations to how our bodies move, we all can probably benefit from incorporating a little more grace into everything we do. Looking to incorporate more grace into your mind, body and spirit? Yoga can help. Steven Espinosa says that the practice of yoga allows us to open up physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually to receive the “blessings of grace” known as “kripa” in sanskrit.
This week’s featured classes will help you find grace, on and off the mat.
- Grace & Grit with Tara Judelle: This class works into challenging arm balances and backbends from a perspective of ease. Includes Eka pada koundinyasana, Eka pada Galavasana, Parsva Bakasana, Dwi pada Koundinyasana and Urdhva danurasana.
- Understand Your Struggles & Face Them with Grace with David Harshada Wagner: Cease Fire! Let’s face it- sometimes life has its stuggles and battles. This meditation gives us a chance to take a break from whatever we’re struggling with, rejuvenate and prepare to face whatever we need to face with new gusto.
- The Gift of Grace with Steven Espinosa: The practice of yoga allows us to open up physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually to receive the “blessings of grace” known as “kripa” in sanskrit. Challenging Level 1 class suitable for beginner and intermediate students. Starts with a gradual warm up with Sun Salutations building to an energetic opening focusing on establishing solid foundational principles. Includes brief tutorial of proper alignment in Plank Pose to protect “dumping” into the lower back. Followed by a strong Standing Pose series combining Warrior 2, Extended Side Angle and Triangle Pose facing the side wall. Continues with Hip Openers in Pigeon, Standing Leg Balance in Tree and Arm Balance in Crow Pose. Concludes in gentle Back Bends with a brief breakdown of proper knee alignment in Bridge Pose and ending in Savasana.
- Find Grace On & Off the Mat with Amy Ippoliti: Be more elegant and graceful on and off the mat in this all-around practice that begins with a gradual warm up, a standing pose flow, inversions, arm balances, twists, a few back bends and ends with some yummy supine hip openers. Optional Prop: Block.
- Find Grace in the Unknown with Tiffany Cruikshank: A fun creative class with 60 mins of flow and 30 mins of yin with a focus on the hips. This class is about finding grace within the unknown by adding in some new poses and unfamiliar transitions. This one will get your heart pumping, your challenge is to find the ease in the awkwardness no matter where you end up so that you find the ability to be present and easily drop into that space in the yin segment. We will explore the full tittibasana sequence & a new variation on grasshopper. Props: One Block, One Blanket.
- Meet Your Limits with Strength & Grace with Kia Miller: In this class we seek to meet our limits with strength and grace. A warrior moves with a sense of calm and purpose, totally invested in every moment aware that every breath is a gift. This class is designed to help you eliminate toxins, improve circulation and give you aerobic benefits. Come prepared to challenge yourself and celebrate your strength and purpose. Props Needed: Blanket