Chakra, Sanskrit for “spinning wheel of energy”, signifies one of seven specific energy centers in the body and mind. The seven main chakra centers are aligned along the spinal column and are connected to our being on several different levels: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Since our chakras are connected to our being in so many different ways, it is important that they are balanced. When our chakras are balanced, energy flows freely and we are able to achieve mental, physical and spiritual well-being. If the chakras are out of balance, the energy doesn’t flow as smoothly or effectively, resulting in feelings of disconnect or dissatisfaction.
Want to learn more about these fascinating spinning wheels of energy? This week’s featured classes concentrate on introducing and opening up the 7 chakras through asana and meditation. Also, our seven part chakra series will provide more insight into each of the seven chakras.
- Chakras Workshop Part One with Tara Judelle: Chakras. This class is one of a 2 part class focusing on the chakras. This first part concentrates on introducing and opening up the first four energy centers from the lowest to the highest. Includes, deep hip openers, forward bends, standing poses, to build fire, backbends and pranayama.
- Second Chakra Practice with Elena Brower: Chakra 2 – Svadisthana (Navel) Chakra. Creative, Compassionate Freedom. Clarify your foundational alignment and open the flow of your light through this sequence of cleansing twists, both standing and seated, with breath work and meditation to close.
- Third Chakra Meditation with Harshada Wagner: Belly Chakra. This meditation focuses on the manipura energy center located in the core of the abdomen.
- Fourth Chakra Practice with Elena Brower: Chakra 4 – Love and Be Loved. Love is the subtle force that connects us all; we are all here on the planet to learn how to love and love fully. Use this sequence of standing poses, arm balance variations, baby and big backbends, hip openers and meditation to give and receive love by asking for entry into your own heart.
- Healing Energy for Neck & Thyroid with Kia Miller: This short kriya directs healing energy to the neck (5th Chakra) and thyroid glands. Great to do any time of the day. This set uses a mantra ONG SO HUNG “Creative Consciousness I am that.” Practice regularly for maximum benefits.
- Sixth Chakra Meditation with Harshada Wagner: Third Eye Chakra. This meditation focuses on the ajna energy center located in the space between the eyebrows.