Although most of us try to cultivate habits of happiness, some days we just find ourselves in a funk and need to snap out of it! If you need a little pick-me up to carry you through a difficult day, week or even month, yoga might be the answer. Several studies show how yoga can give you the boost of happiness that we all need once in awhile.
This week’s featured classes will help lift your mood and make you smile.
To get you started without searching, we’re highlighting six classes in a variety of styles, levels and durations that are designed to help give you a burst of bliss!
- Revive, Refresh, Renew with Elena Brower: This class will highlight your power center, your solar plexus. Poses will be sequenced in order to focus you fully in your 3rd chakra, open it up, and bring it back to life so you can renew your commitment to your wellness, to your heart, to yourself.
- Happiness Boost with Amy Ippoliti: Get yourself in a better mood no matter where you are at through an invigorating flow practice of heart openers, back bends and hip openers. The goal? To be a nicer person to be around. We’ll be doing a forearm stand, so you might want a block or some wall space.
- The Yoga of Happiness Meditation with Harshada Wagner: The Yoga of Happiness In this 60 minute class, New York-based meditation teacher Harshada Wagner discusses his approach to happiness, meditation, and soul-centered living. Includes discussion and guided meditation.
- 20 Minute Attitude Adjustment with Felicia Tomasko: Stuck in the doldrums? Find your inner support and lighten your heart with this gentle backbend series that progressively decompresses your body, lengthens your spine and uplifts your spirit.
- Celebrate YOU with Jos Tastula: Happy full moon, happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy you-made-it-to-your-mat day!! This class is a celebration of YOU!! How often do we really take time out to acknowledge everything that has brought us to this point in our lives? Through reflection and contemplation we can gain a deeper insight to the preciousness of our lives. We move around the mat in a slow juicy flow which leaves nothing untouched. Warm up with sun salutation C (surya namaskar C) and then drop into half splits (ardha hanaman) crescent moon (anjaneyasaan) warrior 2 (virabhadrasana) tree (vrksasana) triangle (utthita trikonasana) side plant (vasistasana) eagle (garudasana)… move at your own pace ~ add or subtract postures ~ use variations ~ make it your own and enjoy! Happy birthday and congratulations!!!
- Experience the Essence of Who You Are with Kia Miller: This series of exercises guides the pranic energy through the body to heart center. This practice helps you to open your awareness and experience the essence of who you are. Leave with a smile on your face and happy heart!