Most of us know that sitting at a desk all day isn’t exactly the best thing for our bodies. While a little slouching now and then isn’t so bad, drawn out over time, our poor desk habits can cause serious harm. Stuck at a desk all day? Ease tension and undo the damage caused by too much sitting with yoga. This week’s featured classes will help reset your body quickly to be able to continue working while establishing more blood flow, brain flow and body comfort.
- At Work Yoga with Tara Judelle: A 10 minute sequence you can do at your desk, includes hip openers, seated twists, shoulder and neck openers, forward bends , wrist strengtheners and breathing exercises.
- 5 Minute Yoga Break at Your Desk with Jason Crandell: Only have time for a 5 minute yoga-break? This chair-based practice will help open your shoulders and spine while bringing greater circulation to your entire upper-body. This simple, accessible practice is also appropriate for students that need a gentle, highly-supported sequence.
- Desk Yoga for Your Neck withe Felicia Tomasko: Get rid of crimps and cramps in the neck and shoulders built up from too much desk time using simple movements you can do at your desk.
- Relieve Back Tension at Your Desk with Marla Apt: Take a midday break at your desk to do this twist in a chair and give your back a reprieve. Props: Chair, Block
- Relax Your Mind, Release Tension with Kia Miller: Feeling stressed and overwhelmed? This breath meditation will help to relax your mind and release stress and tension. Appropriate for all levels. Do at home or at your desk in the office!
- Lunchtime Yoga Break with Steven Espinosa: Many of us don’t always have an hour to do a full yoga practice. So if you are stuck at your desk, on your lunch break or at home with the kids this short but sweet class is for you! All you need is a small wall space and we will open up the shoulders and upper back, the hips and lower legs and maybe even flip upside down with a brief L-Pose at the wall. Prop Needed: A wall.