Ate too much at last night’s pre-holiday party? Over-indulged on the big day? Family stressing you out big time? There’s a class for that. 🙂
Over the years, we’ve added several classes to help you through the holiday season for whatever situation you find yourself in:
- Yoga Before Big Meals with Jo – This is a great pre-holiday class, perfect to take before eating any big meals!! Before we start the flow, take a moment to allow the atmospheres around you and within you to mix and merge. Becoming one with your space. Happy Holidays!
- Post-Turkey Yoga Flow with Dice – An all-around flow that geared towards burning off the bird, post turkey day! We begin on our backs to wring out the laziness and make our way into a modified Surya Namaskar A. From there we continue through quite a few standing postures and incorporate our tripod headstand into the flow. We breakdown tripod headstand and a few of the transitions in and out of it. Using danurasana for backbends, we finish with janu sirsasana and paschimottanasana. Down with tryptophan my fellow yogis!!!!
- Celebrate the Bird with Steven – Bird Poses – basic warm up gradually building to vigorous standing pose flow to heat the body. Leading to a series of various “bird poses” to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Instruction includes sanskrit to english translations for bird poses.
- Nurture & Detox Holiday Yoga with Kathryn – Learn how to nurture and detox your body through the holidays. This class focuses on core work and twists to aid in digestion, detox and deep core appreciation. Enjoy the decadence of the holiday season with the balance of your practice. Trust your gut!
- Antidote Yoga for Holiday Excess with Felicia – Antidote for holiday excess? Stimulate healthy digestion and elimination with a gentle sequence of twists alternating with abdominal strengtheners and forward folds. Take a break two hours after or one hour before you eat to enjoy your food even more.
- Yoga During the Holidays with Kathryn – Step away from holiday planning and reconnect to your breath and practice. This flow breaks down the elements of lightening our jumps forward, handstand hold, core work and deep twists such as Revolved Half Moon and Side Crow variations.
If you’re experiencing a more generalized holiday madness/goodness, you may also want to check out our Travel Yoga classes and our Stress Reduction classes designed to take you from pre-flight to your hotel room to your mat in a way that nurtures your body and your mind. Here’s to rolling out that mat at least once over the next few days so you can be present in the moments of joy (without guilt!), knowing you’ve got your trusty YogaGlo classes waiting for you when you’re ready. Enjoy!
Photo: Kathryn Budig shares her “Trust Your Gut” t-shirt as theme for her Nurture & Detox Holiday Yoga class