Are you new to yoga and want to get stronger? This beginner program is specifically designed to give you a balanced workout to condition muscles for increased strength and stamina, while propelling your body through a fuller range of motion. Whether you’re looking to lose weight, increase tone or build more muscle, completing this program will help you be and feel stronger.
Check out our beginner strength program here.
- Core for Beginners with Jason Crandell: A quick, complete core practice designed for new students and teachers that work with new students. It contains accessible postures that will strengthen your abdominals, inner-legs and thighs. These postures help trim your midsection and lay the foundation for more challenging work in the future. The practice is also suitable for more experienced students that want a slightly lighter core practice. Props Needed: A block.
- Building Yoga as a Habit with Alex van Frank: Jump start into a yoga habit. Dynamic movements help lubricate your spine in cat and cow and standing forward fold. Plank, downward dog and sphinx pose are also included. Several strength building poses and a balancing pose round out your practice. Open your body slow and steady and feel inspired to keep coming back to yoga. Great to do every day.
- Progress Your Practice: This is a level 1 to level 1/2 bridging class. Basic level 1 flow with strengthening elements to help prepare you for the next level (literally!) The difference between level 1 and level 1/2 is in the flow elements (linking pose to pose in a relatively short amount of time) and building the strength and flexibility to hold downdog (adho mukha svanasana) and do controlled vinyasas (downdog-plank-cobra). If you’re at that transitional time, please repeat this class as many times as you need to, so as to build a solid foundation of strength, flexibility and discernment. Props required: Strap.
- Build Strength for Downdog & Plank: This core sequence will help build strength for an easeful and safe experience of downward facing dog and plank pose. Work through plank variations on your knees, cat and cow emphasizing the action of your abdominals on the exhale, and knee to chest curls. A great class for beginners who are looking to build strength in order to advance your practice.
- Balanced, Accessible Practice with Jason Crandell : Designed for new students, and others that want to revisit the basics, this practice will stretch and strengthen your entire body. You will work on essentials such as downward-facing dog, cat/cow, and standing postures. This practice will leave you feeling more comfortable and confident in your body. Optional Props: Block, chair, blanket.
- Strong & Serene with Darren Rhodes: This short and sweet standing oriented sequence will leave you feeling strong and serene. This class also stretches and strengthens the spine.
- Stay Steady & Strong with Steven Espinosa: In this class we focus on holding poses just a little longer to cultivate our mental and physical steadiness and deepen our inner strength. Starting with an active opening of warm ups and sun salutations which take us into a series of extended standing poses to build endurance and stamina. This class also includes core strengthening/upper body exercises and concludes with reclining spinal twists. Props Suggested: Two blocks and a blanket.
- Beginner Vinyasa Flow with Stephanie Snyder: This is for the first time yogi or the yogi that wants to keep it uncomplicated. We will move through two classic sun salutes and then to a few standing poses to open the hips and spine. We will then move onto the floor for an accessible backbend, finishing with a supine hamstring opener and twist. I hope this practice is the first of many! Props recommended: Two blocks, strap or towel, and blanket.
- Short Sunrise Flow with Jo Tastula: Start your day off increasing your flexibility, strength, mental clarity and overall energy levels with this short sunrise flow. Guided meditation and breath work to harness the energy of the mind then kneeling plank variations to strengthen the arms and core. Sun salutations (surya namaskar A) to improve overall flexibility plus lunges, twists and backbends for a well rounded practice. Blessed morning to you! Prop: Blanket